Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On My Way...

Right after school tomorrow I will be heading to the NCTM (National Council for Teachers of Mathematics) Regional Conference.  This will be my fourth time attending the conference and my second time as a presenter.  Have any of you ever heard of the Golden Rectangle or Golden Ratio?  That is what my presentation is about.  I will basically be teaching other math teachers several activities to do in their classrooms that have to do with the Golden Ratio/Rectangle.  They will be learning about Fibonacci's rabbits and the European villages along with how the Golden Ratio is found in nature, architecture, music and art!   I took an interest in this concept a few years ago and the more I read about it, the more I discover.  The excitement is setting in as I have a time slot on Thursday morning - opening day of the conference.  I'm honored to share my workshop with other teachers as well as attend many workshops to learn from others.

Want to read more about it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here!