Saturday, July 7, 2012

One of my personal goals...

Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone will have a good weekend despite this heat wave some of us are experiencing.  I think we are just going to stay inside and try to get some things on our "to do" list accomplished.  For myself, that includes spending time in my jewelry workroom.

At the beginning of every new year, I always set a goal for myself.  Something that I've been wanting to do, dreaming about, trying to accomplish ~ my own little personal goal.  I usually do not share this goal with anyone and keep it to myself.  This year, my goal was to have a piece of my handmade jewelry published.  A few friends gave me some tips and the encouragement I needed to send something in to a magazine for possible submission.  I submitted one piece to Interweave for their 101 Bracelets, Necklaces, and Earrings  publication and found out a few weeks later that it was accepted!  I remember receiving the email in the middle of the day while in between classes.  I shared the good news with my next class, geometry.  They were just as excited as I was!

Here is the cover of the magazine...


You can purchase either the magazine version or the digital version here.

Here is a sneak peek of my necklace ... featured in the "Lipstick Red" category!


I feel very blessed to have accomplished my personal goal.  Actually I feel doubly blessed because another one of my creations was also accepted for another jewelry magazine due out in the fall.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you, your hard work paid off! It is indeed a blessing to be published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Sandra!! Love the necklace and can't wait to see the magazine!

    Hey, I wanted to also let you know that I received the Kreativ Blogger award this week from one of my peers and one of the objects of being selected is to award 10 other bloggers who you think have fun, interesting and worthwhile blogs the award as well.
    I chose you as one of the recipients for my Kreativ Blooger award and I wanted to let you know!

    Here’s the link to my blog so you can check it out:

    http://misheldesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/im-kreativ-blogger.html

    Thanks for having such awesome designs to drool over and a great blog in which to find inspiration!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Cheers,
    ~Shel~
    Michelle Buettner,
    MiShel Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here!